Saturday, March 2, 2024

Morning Cup of Chris 3

 ❄️☃️Wow it snowed again - just was researching average snowfall this morning. It snows more here in Spokane than most Midwest cities - that surprises me because i thought it snowed more in those places - I have only been to the Midwest once - in June of 2007 with my cousin Matt and Grandma Arne - we went on a baseball road trip bus tour that went Minneapolis-Milwaukee-both Chicago stadiums-St. Louis-Kansas City. It was epic! I don’t think you would really consider Rapid City, South Dakota the Midwest (it’s in the far West part of the state) but I have been there on a road trip with my dad the last couple summers to visit Grandma Arne and Aunt Joc and Uncle Lane. 

One of the snowiest places in the USA is Holden Village, Washington (which I was just researching). It’s kinda like the Midsommar of central Washington - a secluded planned Lutheran community (maybe a cult? Who knows haha) located northwest of Lake Chelan - it is only accessible by ferry on Lake Chelan or like the Bill Bryson book, by a walk in the woods. It gets 274 inches of annual snowfall and is the 9th snowiest place in the country according to currentresults.com ⛄️ 

Anyway I’m about to do today’s episode of Arne Pod - enjoy! ☕️ 

No comments:

Post a Comment