Saturday, August 31, 2024

⚾️Baseball Mostly 8/1

 “Yeah, life is good, brother. Yeah, brother. What's up, brother?


Baseball Mostly, brother. Dale Murphy. We're trying to pin down the AFFL draft day.


We gotta get a fancy football draft going, baby. Dude, wait, isn't, speaking of football, isn't the Hall of Fame, Hall of Fame game is today. Bears Texans, 5 p.m. West Coast time, West Coast, best coast.


So yeah, speaking of football, it really snuck up on us this year. I don't consider it football season. Till like, I'd say till like Labor Day, really.


I'm still in like baseball and like Olympics mode. All right, Dale Murphy, Alfield, first base catcher. Bats right, throws right.


6-4, 2-10, March 12th, 1956. Portland, Oregon. I was gonna do current players from Oregon, just like I did current players from Washington.


But then I've been taking a step back from my second episodes because I think I overwhelm the listener. Ha ha ha, Woodrow Wilson High School, Portland, Oregon, BYU, and Provo, Utah. September 13th, 1976, debuted at just 20, 13,813th player to do such.


Two for four, with two RBI versus the Dodgers in that debut. Also played the Dodgers in the final game, May[…]”


From Baseball Mostly: 868~TOTD #379⚾️HOF or Not❓Dale Murphy, Aug 1, 2024

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/baseball-mostly/id1454163890?i=1000664051339

No comments:

Post a Comment