Tuesday, April 23, 2024

๐ŸŽ™️Arne Pod transcript Bret 2/19/24

 “This call is being recorded.

Yo.

Yo.

Can you hear me?

Oh, I can hear you.

Oh, hey, what's going on?

Thought a ghost got you.

What's going on, man?

So, who was on Kill Tony?

Oh, it was Arne tonight, just Arne.

He's always showing his balls for some reason, though. Did he do it?

Yeah, he did it way too many times.

At least they're blurring it out.

That's a funny thing to be known for.

Yeah, they have a whole song for it now.

Oh, the Killtony Band?

Yeah, yeah.

Pretty ridiculous.

What did you do for Christmas? We never talked about that.

Oh, Christmas. What was the last time we talked?

No, we did one in mid-January, but I remember we never covered what you did for Christmas.

Oh, we didn't? And it's been so long now that I don't even remember.

Nothing too interesting?

No, no, just hanging out with family a lot.

What did you do?

I mean, did we go over that?

Just the same, just like watch football, hang out with family. Actually, I worked on Christmas Eve, but we were closed Christmas day.

Oh, really?

Did they close early on[…]”


“Christmas Eve?

Yeah, we did, like four.

I was going to ask you, do you have any, I don't know if I asked this last time maybe, but do you have any tricks of the trade or insider things that you've learned from working at Goodwill that customers wouldn't know?

Um, nah, not really. Uh, yeah. I mean, I never shopped there.

Like, I've only bought a couple items since I've been there. So, yeah, I just try to save my money, because I would end up buying too much there. So, I'm never even, like, looking for stuff to buy.

But, um, like, secret tips. I would say get there early in the day, because the good stuff goes quick. You can also shop online.

They do auctions.

I didn't know about that.

Yeah, it's kind of like eBay. Like, I never used eBay, really. But, um, remember eBay?

Like, is that even around anymore? Or did Amazon just crush it?

Well, I mean, Craigslist was kind of like the local thing. But I think eBay is still really good for, like, personal sellers. I think my dad uses it to sell, like, sports hats or something, or things[…]”

 “I think he makes a lot of profit off of it.

Yeah.

A lot of people will shop at Goodwill and then sell it on eBay and stuff like that for a little bit more. It seems like a lot of effort to me to just, a lot of calories burned just to make a few bucks.

Yeah, it's a pretty small return, right, if you're doing that kind of stuff.

I could never do something like that instead of a job. It's more effort than just going somewhere for eight and a half hours.

I think there must be people that just find satisfaction in the collecting aspect of it, because you can score on something sometimes, right? You find something that's like, you find a gaming system or something that's like 10 bucks, and you're like, all right, I could sell this thing for 100 bucks. But more often than not, it's probably a one-buck return you'll get.

Yeah, some guy told me hearing aids, if you ever find them, then buy them, because they sell for like $1,100 or something.

I'd be surprised to see one. I'd be embarrassed to donate one, first of all.

Like[…]”


From Arne Pod: 640~Bret Hogg 35.0~Picasso What?, Feb 19, 2024

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/arne-pod/id1454163890?i=1000645951910

From Arne Pod: 640~Bret Hogg 35.0~Picasso What?, Feb 19, 2024

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/arne-pod/id1454163890?i=1000645951910


From Arne Pod: 640~Bret Hogg 35.0~Picasso What?, Feb 19, 2024

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/arne-pod/id1454163890?i=1000645951910

No comments:

Post a Comment