Wednesday, April 24, 2024

๐ŸŽ™️Arne Pod transcript 4/14/24

 “All righty. There you go, baby. Let me give a shout out to...

It is Arne Alligator. It's by... Who's Arne Alligator by?

I don't even know. I was going to give a shout out, but... I think it's like Danish.

It's like a Danish cartoon or something. Maybe Swedish or Finnish. Either way, I'm going to finish up with that little jaunt right there.

I'm going to say, what's your preferred post-workout recovery method?

A cool down walk or light jog? I guess if I did an intense workout, I'd probably do that. Stretching and foam rolling?

That's second place. 30% say, I don't work out. I can't imagine a scenario in which I did.

I do push-ups before I get in the morning shower. I do that. I like to do the sauna, and I go for walks.

I like to go for a walk when I get back home from work. I mean, especially nowadays, now that it's light past 8 o'clock, and it's only April 14th, so it's crazy dated. Verne Lundquist, it's his final masters that he is doing.

And July 17th, 1940, he'll be 84 this summer. The Golden Throat, I've never[…]”


“summer. The Golden Throat, I've never heard him called that. That's a weird nickname.

Duluth, Minnesota, and he's like a turkey. They're talking about his...

What's that thing on a turkey's throat? Their gobble or whatever. So he's from Duluth, Minnesota.

There's probably lots of turkeys there. He actually grew up in Austin, Texas, and went to Texas Lutheran, which is in Seguin, Texas, Tejas. And let's see.

He went to Augustana Seminary in Rock Island, Illinois in 1962. His father was a Lutheran pastor and president of the Nebraska Synod of the Augustana Lutheran Church. He played basketball and baseball and was a disc jockey at WOC Davenport, Iowa.

His golden voice was a highlight of the seminary class on preaching. Began broadcasting as a sports anchor for WFAA in Dallas and in Austin for KTBC, as well as being the radio voice for the Dallas Cowboys. He joined Cowboys Radio Network in 1967, remained with the team until 84.

Yeah, worked for ABC Sports from 74 to 81, CBS from 82 to 95, TNT from 95 to 97, back to CBS in 98. And did the... with Scott Hamilton was the announcer for figure skating in 92, 94[…]”


“And their performances were parodied on Saturday Night Live by Phil Hartman and Daryl Hammond. Daryl Hammond did Verne Lundquist, and Will Ferrell did Hamilton. Wait, Dana Carvey, David Spade, and Will Ferrell did Scott Hamilton.

Okay, well, there you go. He said he resides in Steamboat Springs, Colorado, and this is his 40th Masters. Oh, hey, my alarm.

All right, well, there you go, baby. That's the alarm that says Arne Pod is coming to an end for today. Enjoy the Masters.

Enjoy your Sunday. Your lazy Sunday. Sunday, I'm going to go back to work.

Have a great Sunday or whatever day you're listening to this. Thanks for listening to Arne Pod. Check out my blog.

It's huge in Hong Kong and internationally, but specifically Hong Kong. Over 5,000 views from Hong Kong in the last several weeks. And yeah, baby, we're popping.

Yas, the goat one dot blog spot.com. Love yous. Thanks for listening, Brett.

Thanks for listening, everybody. Love you all.”


From Arne Pod: 711~TOTD #238๐ŸŽ™️Announcers HOF or Not❓Verne Lundquist, Apr 14, 2024

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/arne-pod/id1454163890?i=1000652396399

From Arne Pod: 711~TOTD #238๐ŸŽ™️Announcers HOF or Not❓Verne Lundquist, Apr 14, 2024

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/arne-pod/id1454163890?i=1000652396399

From Arne Pod: 711~TOTD #238๐ŸŽ™️Announcers HOF or Not❓Verne Lundquist, Apr 14, 2024

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/arne-pod/id1454163890?i=1000652396399

No comments:

Post a Comment