Wednesday, March 25, 2020

🦠The Quarantine Diaries #1🏠

Dear Quarantine Diary,

I miss people. Most of them, not really, but sometimes you would meet an interesting one and have a great conversation, completely unexpected, out of the blue. I miss touching a stranger’s hand - not in a weird, creepy uncle kind of way but in a wholesome, white picket fence Midwestern new to the cul-de-sac kind of way. I miss regular podcast banter and checking basketball boxes scores the next morning. I miss going for walks and people not crossing the street when they see you like a racist even though you’re both white.

I miss going to the gym. Remember the gym? It seems like eons since I stepped foot in a 24 Hour even though it’s been nary a fortnight (speaking of which, I don’t miss Fort Nite - is it possible to miss something you never loved?) I miss the sauna - being super hot for no reason - that’s the best. 

I don’t miss traffic but it was nice when I had to go somewhere - it’s always better to be busy. Busy people get the most things done but it totally makes sense - that’s why they’re so busy - they’re busy doing all these things. They wouldn’t be a busy person if they didn’t get stuff done and they wouldn’t get stuff done unless they were so busy. I feel a bit lazy from sticking around the house all day but still productive - the podcast and blog are up and running, firing on all cylinders in this time of temporary universal hermitage. Why not? If not now, then when else? If I couldn’t muster up a few podcasts and blog posts at this point, I would be seriously worried that something might be up. Productivity is just waiting for you every morning - take the bait. 

Love,
Topher Gopher 
Follow @chrisarneson8 on IG/ Save the 🐳 

No comments:

Post a Comment