Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Day One

 Coming to you LIVE from Olive View Hospital in the San Fernando Valley it’s 6 AM on St Paddy’s Day. I was supposed to have a testicle removed yesterday but now I’ll be starting chemotherapy instead ASAP (in a few hours possibly?) That’s the update - ya boy Chris has got the Big C. I could talk in cliches like I’m gonna fight so hard and stay positive but to be real and honest, I still can’t wrap my head around the whole thing cuz it has all happened so fast. I don’t want your pity but if you care to, keep me in your prayers. 

It was pretty frightening a couple hours ago when I was sleeping peacefully and the nurse rustled my pillow. I legit thought there was a squirrel or some other tree-land creature burrowing through my bed and sprung to a seated position, a regular Jack in the Box. Also my IV ripped out of my hand and I started bleeding profusely. Fun fun!

Well, that’s all for now - I’m gonna keep listening to podcasts and trying to get comfortable. Ah, and I’m so thankful that my Mom and Dad are here (well, not physically right now - they’re at the Embassy Suite). 

No comments:

Post a Comment