Sunday, March 3, 2019

Football

Playing football changed who I was growing up and the person I am today. It makes you tough, helps you learn how to be a part of a team and promotes an environment where healthy competition and superb sportsmanship are promoted. Football teaches you how to rough it in a tough battle of will, how to overcome adversity and work with others towards a shared goal of victory, the only thing that really matters at the end of the day. I have a huge scrapbook in my mind packed full of memories from my time being a football player - it was a bigger than life kind of thing for me at the time, the most important item on my to do list, the only activity that I really cared about. The sport was more than a game, it was the most important thing in the word (although it may have been a small world at the time, it was certainly a simpler time) and a significant part of my identity and how I viewed myself as a person and an up and coming athlete and probably future first round pick in the NFL or a lottery draft pick in the NBA, depending on what mood I would be in on the day that I would have to decide which sport’s history books I wanted to rewrite (little did I know that while I may not be metaphorically rewriting any athletic history books in my future, I would have the opportunity to do it in a literal sense...that would be a fun book, though, if I wrote a made up NBA history book and came up with a bunch of fun stories that sound too mysterious to be true because they are, in fact, falsified.)
Listen to my movie and storytelling podcast, A Star Is Born, on iTunes and wherever podcasts are heard
christheauthor.com

No comments:

Post a Comment