Friday, October 4, 2024

⭐️A Star Is Born 10/4

 “Watching Bucks at Falcons, Falcons took it in overtime, Hodge to the house, carried off the field like Rudy.


Watching that game last night with my father, and my dad said, Mike Evans will be a Hall of Famer.


So now I say, I'm going to talk about Mike Evans, wide receiver for the Bucks, 6'5, 231, August 21st, 1993. Dude, it's his 11th season, and he's actually almost four months younger than myself. That's crazy because he debuted in 2014, and he had just turned 21.


He's from Galveston, Texas, which I was reading about the Galveston Hurricane, like the biggest hurricane of all time. I think upwards of like 5,000 people died.


And I was considering myself, I want to go to Galveston and interview just random people because it happened in 1900. So you'd have to interview like people in their 80s and 90s, and their elderly relatives may have been there.


So I was like, because I was thinking, I want to make a documentary.


That'd be kind of cool. So yeah, I mean, I'd have to go to Galveston. Never been there.


Been to Texas back in like 03 for her cousin Becky's wedding. It[…]”

“Shout out to Grandma Arnie yesterday.


She turned 88. And yeah, so I got to do the Galveston Hurricane Dock. I also saw a book in a little library about the Halifax explosion.


And so that was from 1917, the biggest disaster in Canadian history. And it was like a giant ship ran into something or like another ship or something. And there's just this giant explosion, which blew up every building within a half mile radius.


And then I was like, we're just so racist Americans that I had never even heard of this.


So I had looked it up after I saw the book.


And yeah, like 2,000 people died and lots more injured and just a crazy, crazy event. And yeah, dude, that the death toll keeps rising for Hurricane Helene.


That's a disaster, huge disaster.


This pretty much this is definitely the biggest hurricane since Katrina. America, in America, America, and yeah. So I just get the show started on a light note here.


Oh yeah, and then also you got in the Middle East, you got just lots of explosions there as well. And I think like over 42,000 Palestinians have died since October 7th[…]”

“And October 7th anniversary is Monday. So yeah, the news is, just like grandpa said when I talked to him the other day, he said, the news of the world is crazier now than it has ever been in his life, including World War II. He said, I mean, but he doesn't even go on the internet.


Grandpa does not access the internet.


And he just watches the news.


And he just, and he reads the newspaper.


And he just says, this is absolutely insane. And yeah, so let's go back.


Anyway, Mike Evans, Texas A&M Ball High School in Texas. Tejas, only five Pro Bowls.


I just saw that Tyreek Hill has eight Pro Bowls already.


And he debuted in 2016.


One Super Bowl champ with the Bucs. He's been with the Bucs his entire career. 159 games, AV, I believe this average value, 92, 785 receptions, 11,956 yards, 99 touchdowns.


Oh, I didn't do, I didn't realize he had two touchdowns last night.


Did not realize that.


So yeah, I was looking at yesterday, he had 97 touchdowns, and now he's got 99. He's about to get his 100th touchdown. So 99 touchdowns, have they even updated[…]”

From A Star Is Born: 934~TOTD #443🏈HOF or Not❓Mike Evans, Oct 4, 2024

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/a-star-is-born/id1454163890?i=1000671810483

No comments:

Post a Comment