Thursday, March 1, 2018

The Lost Files Vol. 7: King Arthur Script


Chris O’Neal, Elree Carter, Chris Arneson
2/16/11
Arthur Script Project
English 12, Simmons

Le Morte d’Arthur

Characters:
GAWAIN, One of Arthur’s knights
LAUNCELOT, Another one of Arthur’s knights
BYSTANDERS, The two men who enter the scene with Gawain

Setting: The scene opens with a drunken Gawain storming into Lancelot’s study while Lancelot is preparing to drink some juice. Lancelot’s study looks shockingly like Mrs. Simmons classroom. Gawain is carrying a sack of empty bottles and is visibly inebriated. Gawain, who starts in good humor, compliments Lancelot but things turn sour. Gawain and his mob of drunken followers antagonize Lancelot until eventually a fight breaks out…

LANCELOT:     (shaking juice) Ohhhhhh I can’t wait to…
Gawain stumbling drunkenly into the room
GAWAIN: WOAH WOAH WOAH WHAT IS THIS GUY DOIN?
LANCELOT: Ahhhhhh, I’m just ahhhh, preparing some juice. (As he holds the juice up smiling)
BYSTANDER 1: I dunnoooo, It didn’t look like he was preparing juice. (Change to Bystander 2)
GAWAIN: The greatest knight EVER drinks juice at night? Try some of this stuff man! (Gawain offers Lancelot a bottle out of his sack)
LANCELOT: I prefer healthy drinks before bed; otherwise my stomach gets upset while I’m sleeping.
BYSTANDER 2: WOOK AT THE WIDDLE BABY DWINKING HIS ORANGE JUICE!!! (Change to Bystander 1)
BYSTANDER 1: GOOCHEE GOOCHEE GOO. (Pinching Lancelot’s cheeks like a grandmother)
LANCELOT: (Looking skeptical/annoyed) Sir, I would appreciate it if you removed your hands from my face. SINNER!
GAWAIN: This guy has got to be the greatest knight in the history of the WORLD! He won’t even drink wine to celebrate his success with the queen. (Putting his arm around Lancelot)
BYSTANDER 1: Can I get a holy? (Shift to Bystander 2)
BYSTANDER 2: Holy!!
LANCELOT: Gentleman, leave me alone, I beg of you! I’m busy uhhhhhh drinking orange juice...
GAWAIN: Sir Lancelot, we’re all friends here! I love you man! (Puts arm around Lancelot again and points to him as he faces the bystanders) I love this guy! This guy he’s… this guy’s the guy!
BYSTANDER 2: We gotta go celebrate! Let’s get out of this place, man. Too much stress dude. Let’s just get on our horses and just ride, man. (Changes to Bystander 1)
BYSTANDER 1: I agree with this guy, he knows… he knows what’s up.
GAWAIN: So young Lancelot, will you come toast to success with us? (Holding up an empty bottle)
LANCELOT: I…. I can’t guys I’m really sorry. It’s just… It’s just I have this thing tonight and I can’t miss it. I mean, I missed it last week and you should’ve seen the looks on these guys’ faces. They were so angry! It was very nice of you guys to pay me this visit. I’ll walk you gentleman out.
BYSTANDER 1: Wait… What?? You don’t like us? Why don’t you like us Lancelot? (Changes to Bystander 2)
BYSTANDER 2: What did we ever do to you?
GAWAIN: Sir Lancelot, not man enough to have a few drinks with your boys? Fine then, go back to your orange juice. You are a coward! COWARD!
Lancelot: (Retreating sadly back to his chair) I’m so sorry.
BYSTANDER 2: (Throws an orange at Lancelot, hitting him squarely in the head) FINE, RUN AWAY! YOU ARE NOTHING LANCELOT! NOTHING!
Lancelot: (Greatly angered by this remark, Lancelot draws his sword and tomahawks Bystander 2 in the shoulder, killing him on impact) Any other takers? Huh? Who’s nothing now? What you got Gawain?? Come at me!!
BYSTANDER 1: How dare you?! You have killed my twin brother!! This will not stand!! (Draws sword and begins fighting with LancelotThey continue fighting for some time, until Lancelot ends the battle by stabbing Bystander 1 in the heart, ending his life.)
GAWAIN: (Very confused and shocked by all this fighting) You sure you don’t want a little something to drink?
LANCELOT: (Blinded with rage, starts wildly swinging his sword in the general direction of GawainOne of his swipes catches Gawain in the chest, killing him.) No I’ll stick with orange juice. (Lancelot walks back to his chair, sits down, and drinks the rest of his orange juice.)


No comments:

Post a Comment